We’ve worked with ICL to develop an Online quiz (link here) to help support you guys and girls out there spraying – in this blog series I intend to go through each question, give you an in depth answer and a few useful links.
Nozzle sizes are measured in numbers with the smaller the number representing smaller orifices. By selecting a smaller nozzle you…
- Increase the percentage of fine droplets
- Increase the water volume
- Decrease the percentage of fine droplets
- Enable yourself to spray at a faster speed achieving desired water volume
The smaller the nozzle the more fines you create, this can be influenced by the pressure, but matching water volume to the appropriate target area of the plant should guide your nozzle choice.
As a rule the below is a good guide to ensuring you select the best nozzle for the target you are aiming to hit.
- Smaller nozzles (025) for fine droplets that will stick to the leaf
- Mid range nozzle (04) for a range of droplets that will roll of the leaf towards the crown
- Larger nozzles (08) for coarse droplets that will run off leaf
Try your luck with the other Application Quiz questions here.